Things have been quiet here lately on the blog. The Wood family has been crazy busy, and during this busy season of preparing for a new addition to our family, school, ministry, and the many other things on our plate, I decided to put the blog on the back burner for a few weeks. This week, however, is a scheduled week off for our homeschooling, so I’m hoping to really regroup on a few things. I like to call it “teacher inservice.” Ha! So, I’m sharing my goals with you this week.
- Complete the Proverbs 31 Challenge that our church has been doing this month. One chapter of Proverbs per day in October
- Daily Bible Reading & Prayer
- Trip to the Pumpkin Patch (no Fall is complete without it, right?)
- Play together at least 30 minutes per day
- Continue Daily Bible Time in the Mornings
- Finish reading The Witch of Blackbird Pond and read Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends
- Plan and Prep for dinner each morning
- Make good progress on our “Get Ready for Home Study” checklist
- Complete girls’ room makeover/begin boys’ room makeover
- Laundry every day
- Hang White boards
- Prep SS/Roots lessons
- Send Cards
(This is an area that I’m really focusing on this week. I’ve started a new medicine and it’s really messing with my appetite and my weight. It’s frustrating to see the pounds I worked so hard to lose creep back on. So, I’ve decided to try some outside help. I have a one week sample that I will be starting tomorrow. I’ll let you know how I like it.)
- Try Shakeology & Focus on a Balanced Diet
- Exercise Daily for at least 30 minutes
- Work on a “doable” written budget plan-I have a tremendous amount of trouble keeping up with our budget, so I’m on the lookout for an easy budgeting method. Is there such thing??
- Make a Christmas Budget
- Trip to Pumpkin Patch
- Make journal entry in adoption journal.
- READ! I have not been able to read much lately (well, I haven’t been able to read my own books at least), and my brain is suffering! I need to read!
So there it is. There is my week. I’m hoping to do a couple of blog posts this week. I have some ideas stirring in my mind. But, I’m going to let that come as it can, so just keep an eye out! Have a great week everyone!